(Edinburg, TX) March 13, 2020 — When you walk through the doors of the Bert Ogden Arena or H-E-B Park, you are family and this is your home. As such, we take every precaution in caring for our family and ensuring their safety.
In light of the global COVID-19 outbreak, we want to reassure everyone that we are working with local, county, and state health officials, as well as liaising with the USL and NBA G League, all of whom are working in conjunction with the CDC.
There have been some changes to the USL and NBA G League schedules. As of today (March 13th), the USL is suspending all games for the next 30 days, and the NBA G League has suspended all games for the rest of the season. These decisions have been made by each respective league, and we are happy to comply as a preventative measure for the safety and well-being of all players, staff, and patrons. For suspended games, tickets are still valid for the rescheduled date, once those dates are announced. As more information becomes available from the USL and NBA G League, we will share it with the public via social media and on our websites (bertogdenarena.com, hebparkrgv.com, rgvfc.com, rgvipers.com).
As for upcoming shows or events at either Bert Ogden Arena or H-E-B Park, only Cirque du Soleil at Bert Ogden Arena on March 19-22 has cancelled. Guests who purchased online will automatically receive a credit, but due to high volume cancellations across the country, please expect a longer than usual refund period, up to 30 days. As other tours update their plans, we will again share that information with the public via social media and on our websites.
As an organization, we have made changes to our day-to-day operations, taking extra precautionary measures to provide a clean, safe, and fun environment for any event at the Bert Ogden Arena or H-E-B Park. Some of those measures include:
- Additional cleaning staff have been added to each event and will be dedicated to wiping down high-traffic / high-touch surfaces and using hospital-grade disinfectant spray throughout each facility.
- Elevator attendants are equipped with disinfectant wipes for surfaces in each elevator. Areas of the building, including each seat, are wiped down and disinfected prior to and following each event.
- Extra soap is available in each restroom and hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the arena and stadium.
- Doors and door handles are regularly disinfected.
- Signage and reminders for personal hygiene are being installed throughout the arena for guests and staff.
While the emergence of the Coronavirus is an evolving situation with many unknowns, there is one thing we know for certain: Education is crucial to keeping our guests and patrons safe. We are equipping our staff with information on how to take care of themselves and help them take better care of our customers. If you see anything that needs to be addressed while attending one of our events, please find a member of our team, or call/ text “CARE” to 956-369-6890. We are here to assist each of you, and to provide you with the best possible experience at every event brought to you by Golden Grape Entertainment.
Please follow us on social media for any updates and check our websites.